Tuesday 26 April 2011

Tolerance....

I have been thinking a bit about tolerance and intolerance lately.



I have witnessed a few situations that caused me to think about it and to wonder why people think/act/react in ways that they do. For the majority there is usually a larger underlying issue, I understand that. What I don't understand is why people believe that THEIR thoughts/beliefs/practices ( or lack thereof) are better than anyone else's? It's the holier than thou attitude that I find hard to accept and understand.

People expect respect for their beliefs but more often than not - the more vocal ones are the ones with the least respect for others.. how does that work? I struggle to understand the logic behind this. My understanding is that respect is a mutual thing - a two way street. Maybe I am too idealistic and naive.

I struggle to understand a lot of things


But this concerns me.


The human races' lack of tolerance and respect for each other saddens and  concerns me .

A lot


I was never a huge fan of Michael Jackson, however I can't get this song out of my head as I think of these things at the moment:  Heal the world

Not much more to say today really - other than I wish there was more tolerance in the world - at all levels - then this world might be healed a little and be an even better place for us all

I'll close my eyes, make a wish, and blow.....

Danni xx 

1 comment:

  1. Oh so true- teach your babies and teach your babies and teach your babies because that is the only way the world will become a better place.
    Think back in our lifetime how much has changed because of our generation's change in attitude- to other races and to people's sexual preferences.
    The majority of us are headed in the right direction.
    Unfortunately it is the minority that continue to ruin the world and make it difficult for us all to live as one!


    TEACH YOUR BABIES!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a message! I love hearing from you

Danni xx